Our clients are seeking a Certified Veterinary Technician or experienced Veterinary Assistant to join a busy Emergency Department in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. 2 years’ experience in general practice or 1 – 2 years in a fast-paced emergency is preferred, but training/mentorship is available for the right candidate.
The technician will assist the Doctor and technician team in providing the maximum level of care 24/7 to both incoming critical and non-critical emergencies, transfers from both referring veterinarians, internal specialty services, and post-operative patients from the surgery department.
Technicians will utilize an array of advanced skills including, but not limited to:
- Triaging and stabilizing incoming emergencies
- Advance anesthesia monitoring experience and patient recovery
- Provide nursing care to both stable and critical patients
- Performing patient assessments and physical examinations
- Providing timely treatment to outpatients
- Performing laboratory work and diagnostic imagining
- Venipuncture/catheter placement
- Safe animal restraint and handling
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Surgical preparation and assisting
- Effective verbal, listening, and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members of all hospital services
Competitive compensation is on offer along with a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), CE Allowance, generous employee pet discounts flexible scheduling and more!
Also available: Sign on Bonus of up to £2,000 based on experience!
If you would like some more information or would like to apply for this role, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact the team on (646) 569 9200